Tuesday, January 11
Hola and a Shoutout to the DMV
Welcome errbody. We're trying to keep the text to a minimum on the blog, so we're going to get straight to the point. I want to direct everyone's attention to a new producer coming out of the DMV who seems poised to make it big: Brenton Duvall. I'm going to add a disclaimer before I say anything--this kid went to my high school so I want him to make it big. But honestly, the quality of the tracks that he is pumping out is unreal. Be sure to check him out at the Potomac Boys Club website and on Facebook. Passion Pit's Sleepyhead has been overworked as Tiger Woods' PR guy, but Brenton really distinguishes himself on the first track, adding Lil Wayne and Trina to the mix. Second track, a remix of Mike Posner, makes me forget how the original sounded which is always a good sign. He recently produced two songs with another D.C. native Young Prince, who flows real well over two cream instrumentals. Don't think they're looking to pair up like Xaphoon Jones and Chiddy, but any rapper that doesn't see potential in Duvall's tight synths and trippy choruses is a few beers short of a six-pack.
Best enjoyed shaken, not stirred:
Ambien (Sleepy Trip)--Brenton Duvall
Cooler Than Me (Remix)--Brenton Duvall
Good Vibrations (prod. Brenton Duvall)--Young Prince
Strange Times (prod. Brenton Duvall)--Young Prince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment