Wednesday, January 12

Something in the Air (Atmosphere?)


"The Woman with the Tattooed Hands"--Slug from Atmosphere

Today we've got a little bit of the rap group Atmosphere, which consists of Dj/Producer Ant and rapper Slug.  Really dig the video above-- hip hop sometimes sounds disconnected and unintelligible live but Slug seems so absolutely focused on his lyrics it's infectious.  Always awesome to see a rapper who isn't drowned out by their own beat--and speaks about something other than money, cars, 4loko...etc.


"I learned I no longer believe in surprise/ but what happened next damn near stole my tears/ the tattoos came alive right in front of my eyes/ they both slowly stood up and climbed off her hands/ and showed me why she never took some time with a man":  



"Think about it.  you're so high sitting there/ thinking about thinking about it so high sitting there/ Strychnine sick vision impaired/ found the meaning of existing on the floor of your kitchen":  



"You're not alone, it's hard as hell/ but don't waste no time feeling sorry for self/ We'll be right here with you, through your war/ Cause you're the one we make this music for":  



"One double, for the hunger and the struggle/ two for the fool trying to pull apart the puzzle/ three now I smile whole I wait for your rebuttle/ by the fourth shot I'm just another child in a bubble":  

No comments: