Wednesday, January 12

The Stick Up


I'm really liking the vibes I'm getting from the Downbeat Keys.  They have unbelievable flow, led by vocalist Ill Will, and are really pushing the envelope when it comes to making extra crispy tracks.  Got the chance to see them live a few months ago, and while the songs below have made their way onto my Jan. playlist, their charisma comes through moreso than any signed artists that I've seen.  They are by no means unknown either: they've opened for Matt and Kim, Talib Kweli and Soulive and drew attention from a number of record labels.  The group has been doing the college circuit and playing at bars in central New York, and I'm interested in seeing if they hold together and get picked up by a label in the future.  They sound a lot like The Roots with real instruments instead of the garbled crap that you usually get these days.  As always, beats to add to your flyTunes below.  Enjoy.


The Stick Up--Downbeat Keys


Addiction--Downbeat Keys


Lights Out--Downbeat Keys

No comments: